In the realm of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), “Dynamic Templates” are a type of editable template that offer increased flexibility and control. Unlike static templates, dynamic templates allow for real-time changes to page structure and components, enabling content authors to adapt and modify page designs as needed.
- Dynamic Templates are a type of editable template in AEM that provide flexibility and control.
- They allow real-time changes to page structure and components.
- Dynamic Templates are created and managed in the Template Console.
- They promote adaptability and responsiveness in content creation and management.
Understanding AEM Dynamic Templates
AEM Dynamic Templates are a type of editable template that offer a more adaptable approach to page design. They allow content authors to modify the structure and components of a page in real-time, providing the ability to adapt and respond to changing content needs.
The Role of AEM Dynamic Templates
Dynamic Templates play a crucial role in enhancing the flexibility and control of content creation in AEM. They enable content authors to make immediate adjustments to page designs, promoting adaptability and responsiveness in content management.
Features of AEM Dynamic Templates
Dynamic Templates provide several features that enhance the flexibility and control of page design:
- Real-time Editing: Dynamic Templates allow for immediate changes to the structure and components of a page.
- Component Flexibility: Dynamic Templates provide the ability to add, remove, or rearrange components on a page.
- Design Consistency: Despite their flexibility, Dynamic Templates maintain design consistency by adhering to the overall design system and guidelines.
Creating AEM Dynamic Templates
Dynamic Templates are created in the Template Console within AEM. From this console, you can create a new template, define its structure, and specify the components that can be used.
Managing AEM Dynamic Templates
Like other templates, Dynamic Templates are managed in the Template Console. This console provides a centralized view of all templates, their details, and their status. It allows you to create, edit, delete, and manage permissions for Dynamic Templates.
Advantages of AEM Dynamic Templates
The primary advantage of Dynamic Templates is their flexibility. They enable content authors to adapt page designs to meet changing content needs, promoting a more responsive and adaptable approach to content management.
AEM Dynamic Templates are a powerful tool for creating and managing content in AEM. They provide the flexibility to adapt page designs in real-time, while maintaining design consistency and control. By understanding how to create and manage Dynamic Templates, content authors can enhance their productivity and effectiveness in AEM.
I’m Kirill Efimov, an experienced AEM developer with over 10 years of experience in Java and web development. I’m skilled in developing AEM components, templates, workflows, and integrations with other systems, and I’m passionate about delivering high-quality solutions to my clients.
I also believe in knowledge-sharing and staying up-to-date with the latest developments in the industry. Through blog posts, tutorials, and speaking engagements, I’m committed to contributing to the AEM community and helping others overcome the challenges they may face in their AEM projects.