The Sidekick is a key feature in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) that provides a set of tools for authors to create and manage content. It’s a floating toolbar on the AEM interface that offers quick access to various functionalities like editing pages, drag-and-drop components, previewing content, and more.
- The Sidekick in AEM is a toolbar that offers a suite of tools for content creation and management.
- It provides quick access to functionalities like editing pages, drag-and-drop components, and previewing content.
- Understanding the Sidekick can enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of content management in AEM.
Diving into the Sidekick in AEM
The Sidekick in AEM is a floating toolbar, usually located on the right side of the screen, that offers authors a suite of tools to manage and create content. It’s designed to make the authoring process easier and more efficient.
The Role of the Sidekick in AEM
The Sidekick acts as a control panel for authors, providing quick access to tools and functionalities. It assists in tasks like editing pages, managing components, activating content, and previewing changes.
How Does the Sidekick Work in AEM?
The Sidekick provides access to several key tools in AEM:
- Edit: This opens the current page for editing.
- Preview: This allows authors to preview the current page as it would appear to end users.
- Design: This provides access to the design mode, which allows authors to modify the design of the current page.
- Components: This tab allows authors to see all available components that can be dragged and dropped onto the page.
- Content Finder: This is a search tool that lets authors locate and use content stored in the AEM repository.
Key Features of the Sidekick
The Sidekick offers several key features:
- Ease of Use: Its intuitive interface makes it easy to use for authors of all skill levels.
- Accessibility: As a floating toolbar, it’s always accessible, making content creation more efficient.
- Customizability: Authors can customize the Sidekick to include the tools they use most frequently.
The Value of the Sidekick in AEM
The Sidekick offers several benefits to authors:
- Efficiency: The Sidekick makes content creation and management more efficient by providing quick access to key tools.
- Ease of Use: With its intuitive interface, the Sidekick makes it easy for authors to create and manage content.
- Customizability: The Sidekick can be customized to suit the needs of individual authors, enhancing their productivity.
Understanding the AEM Ecosystem
The Sidekick is an integral part of the AEM ecosystem. It enhances the authoring experience by providing a suite of tools that streamline content creation and management. Understanding the role of the Sidekick in AEM can help authors make the most of the platform’s capabilities.
The Sidekick, with its suite of authoring tools, is a key feature in AEM. It enhances the efficiency and effectiveness of content creation and management. Understanding the Sidekick is essential for anyone looking to make the most of AEM’s authoring capabilities.
I’m Kirill Efimov, an experienced AEM developer with over 10 years of experience in Java and web development. I’m skilled in developing AEM components, templates, workflows, and integrations with other systems, and I’m passionate about delivering high-quality solutions to my clients.
I also believe in knowledge-sharing and staying up-to-date with the latest developments in the industry. Through blog posts, tutorials, and speaking engagements, I’m committed to contributing to the AEM community and helping others overcome the challenges they may face in their AEM projects.