In Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), i18n stands for internationalization. It is a process that ensures the adaptability of content to different regions and cultures without requiring changes to the source code.
- i18n in AEM refers to the internationalization of content.
- It ensures the adaptability of content to different regions and cultures.
- i18n involves translating content and adapting date and number formats.
- It is crucial for businesses operating in multiple regions or targeting a global audience.
Understanding i18n in AEM
In AEM, i18n refers to the process of designing content in a way that it can be easily adapted for different regions and cultures. This involves translating content and adapting formats for dates, numbers, and currencies. The aim of i18n is to ensure that content can be localized without requiring changes to the source code.
Features of i18n in AEM
i18n in AEM comes with several features:
- Translation Support: AEM supports the translation of content into different languages.
- Format Adaptation: AEM can adapt the formats for dates, numbers, and currencies based on the targeted region or culture.
- Locale-Specific Content: AEM allows for the delivery of locale-specific content, ensuring a personalized user experience.
Using i18n in AEM
i18n in AEM is used to prepare content for international audiences. When creating content, authors can use AEM’s i18n tools to translate content and adapt date, number, and currency formats. The system then delivers the localized content to users based on their location or language preference.
Benefits of i18n in AEM
i18n in AEM offers several benefits:
- Global Reach: i18n allows businesses to reach a global audience by ensuring that their content can be easily localized.
- User Experience: By delivering content that is adapted to the user’s region or culture, i18n enhances the user experience.
- Efficiency: By preparing content for localization at the creation stage, i18n increases the efficiency of the content management process.
Implementing i18n in AEM
To implement i18n in AEM, businesses need to utilize AEM’s i18n tools when creating content. This involves translating content and adapting date, number, and currency formats as required. Additionally, they need to configure AEM to deliver locale-specific content based on the user’s location or language preference.
i18n in AEM is a powerful tool for businesses targeting a global audience. By ensuring the adaptability of content to different regions and cultures, i18n allows businesses to reach a wider audience and enhance the user experience. Furthermore, by preparing content for localization at the creation stage, i18n increases the efficiency of the content management process.
I’m Kirill Efimov, an experienced AEM developer with over 10 years of experience in Java and web development. I’m skilled in developing AEM components, templates, workflows, and integrations with other systems, and I’m passionate about delivering high-quality solutions to my clients.
I also believe in knowledge-sharing and staying up-to-date with the latest developments in the industry. Through blog posts, tutorials, and speaking engagements, I’m committed to contributing to the AEM community and helping others overcome the challenges they may face in their AEM projects.